Gyro School – feel the thrill! is a registered trademark. The mark is registered under No 2578052 with the Patent Office.
Gyro Chipper – cartoon is a registered trademark. The mark is registered under No 2593893 with the Patent Office.
Gyro School Pro is a registered trademark. The mark is registered under No 3056977 with the Patent Office.
Gyro School Pro Ltd is a registered company in England and Wales. Company No 10224051.
Registered address: Gyro School Pro Ltd, Unit 3, Fairoaks Airport, Chobham GU24 8HU.
Gyro School Pro Ltd is a registered data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office under the registration number ZA265340.
Gyro School Pro Ltd is also trading as Gyro School – Feel the thrill!
• Gyro School and Gyro Shop Online
We provide and supply to our customers articles that are useful to Autogyro flying. If you have any suggestions or comments please email us at contact(at)gyroschool.co.uk
You can phone on +44 (0)750 860 1964 or our registered office is located at:
• Gyro School will from time to time change the description of various items including trial flights and will from time to time change the pricing structure without prior notice.
• The Gyro School cartoon and the Gyro School logo ‘feel the thrill’ are protected by copyright – any reproduction without Gyro Schools’ consent is prohibited. This consent must be obtained in writing at least one (1) month before its intended usage, and will be subject to a fee and/or a reproduction fee staggered in tiers depending on its usage and time of usage.
• Orders, on the Gyro School website, will be acknowledged by email within 24 hours by Gyro School or its representative(s).
• Items listed on the website have been described to the best of Gyro Schools’ knowledge.
• Gyro School will provide the customer with a receipt in paper form or in an email format.
• The right to cancel. The customer has the right to cancel their order within seven (7) days after purchase without incurring a penalty and receive a full refund. The customer must provide notice of cancellation in writing and it must be posted to, left at, faxed or emailed to Gyro School. Ensure you keep proof of your cancellation notice in case of dispute. Gyro School will then reimburse you within 28 days without charge. See Returns Policy.
• Any contractual information will be provided within 24 hours, via electronic means, or as soon as reasonably possible for paper copies by Gyro School.
• Gyro School endeavors to resolve any dispute with a customer quickly and fairly. In the event of a dispute or a complaint please email contact (at) gyroschool.co.uk or write to our office: Gyro School, Rochester Airport, Maidstone Road, Chatham, Kent ME5 9SD.
• Gyro School ensures that all goods or services offered on our website are fit for purpose and accurately described.
• Gyro School will direct your credit/debit card payments (or any other payments) to Paypal’s secure online server to complete a purchase via our website, iZettle or the SumUp securely encrypted chip and pin card reader which encrypts chip-card data and never stores it on the device or smartphone / ipad. Gyro School has no control over how and if personal details are held on a separate website / server. Gyro School will make every effort to keep your personal details safe and will not pass on those details to any third party unless required to by law. We have taken reasonable steps to ensure your details are safe.
• Off-line, your information is kept securely in our database and office. We only allow our employees and trusted contractors access to your information, and then only if they need it for a specific authorised task. The computers on which we store your information are kept in a secure environment.
• Gyro School Tuition Booking Forms are being kept securely in our office.
• We do not store payment card details on this website.
• Gyro School will, upon request, provide details on how information is managed should a party, whose information is held by Gyro School, apply for that information. This information must be requested in writing and addressed to Gyro School, Rochester Airport, Maidstone Road, Chatham, Kent ME5 9SD, UK and might incur a small administration fee of £5.
• Gyro School will levy a charge of £20 for an extention to a flight eVoucher bought through us that is out of date. This extension request has to be made before the eVoucher has expired in electronic format, by post or text so the proof exists. Maximum extension of any eVoucher is for another (6) six months. Should a student / pilot with a trial flight eVoucher book a date (via email or telephone or text) and fail to show up on the day / date agreed by both parties without sufficient notice in writing (24hrs at least is deemed sufficient notice), the voucher will automatically be forfeited. There are no refunds if a student / client fails to book a trial flight within the specified timeframe on the voucher and does not request an extension, the voucher is deemed expired after the given date on the voucher.
• Gyro School may levy a (minimum) charge of £70 should a student pilot fail to show on a booked day without at least 24 hrs written notice via email or SMS/text (this is termed a “no-show”). This charge is half of one hourly training rate on the MTOSport. If the entire day was booked by the student there will be a maximum no-show fee of £140 (which equates to one hours tuition). The student pilot will be informed of this charge electronically, via telephone or postal letter and it will be included in the next invoice.
• Gyro School will use best endeavours to communicate with the student pilot either via telephone or electronic mail (preferred) for the purposes of booking flying lessons. It is the student pilots’ responsibility to double check his/her flying dates and times with Gyro School so that both parties have booked the same.
• If an eVoucher has been purchased via our website and a date has been set for the flight by all parties, please ensure you arrive at least 10mins before the agreed time slot to fill out a Tuition Booking Form. Without the completion of the Tuition Booking Form the flight may not take place.
• Any eVoucher issued by us comes with an expiry date – it is the person named on the eVoucher’s responsibility to ensure sufficient time is allocated to book the trial flight before the expiry date. Please also note that the eVoucher has to be produced (either in letter format or in electronic format) on the day before the flight can take place. Failure to produce evidence of an eVoucher or any other voucher purchased through a third party, may lead to a cancellation of the flight on the day.
• Your statutory rights remain unaffected.
Credit Card Security:
• We accept credit cards (including AMEX) and debit cards in our offices and those payments are being processed by iZettle or SumUp with their respective chip and pin card readers through a third party. Please note an additional charge of 2% applies if paying by card. For more details on industry security requirements and standards and please visit their website http://www.izettle.com/gb or http://www.sumup.co.uk/
• Credit card and Debit card transactions online are handled by Paypal. Please visit their website for more details on www.paypal.com
• Selecting the Paypal (buy it now or shopping cart) button will take you to the Paypal website and its secure server where you have to sign in for payment and Gyro School has no access to the details you provide to Paypal.
• No Payment details or card details are held at our offices or on any file electronic or otherwise.
• Payments by cheque are also acceptable but contact must be made to arrange this transaction. Bank transfers are are preferred and details are on invoices issued by Gyro School Pro Ltd. Please email contact (at) gyroschool.co.uk for further details. Gyro School may refuse payment in cash.
Delivery of goods:
• Gyro School aims to deliver the goods within fourteen (14) business days. A business day is Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday excluding Saturday, Sunday and public holidays), unless the customer has agreed otherwise expressed in writing, electronically or otherwise, to Gyro School.
• If Gyro School cannot deliver the goods within 14 days Gyro School will inform the customer immediately and agree on another time for delivery by way of telephone, electronic mail or otherwise.
• If Gyro School cannot agree on another time, Gyro School will offer, at its discretion, a refund to the customer. Gyro School may also offer the customer an alternative to the original goods ordered but if the customer requests a refund Gyro School will issue this in full within 30 days upon receipt of a written letter, electronically or otherwise written and addressed to Gyro School (note that carriage / postal costs will not be refunded).
• If delivery of an item is delayed for more than 14 days, the customer has the option to cancel the order, without any penalties being paid. The order means ‘the article’ ordered without carriage / postal cost.
• Gyro School aims to charge Fair Shipping costs where applicable and practical. This will include postage and packaging materials and the time spent expediting the delivery.
• Any faulty or short deliveries must be notified within 3 working days otherwise claims cannot be considered.
• Please note that under no circumstances will we be held responsible for consequential losses.
• If your item is not in stock, we will back order it for you. You will always be emailed or phoned with the option to cancel your order if you do not want to wait.
• Delivery is currently only to the UK mainland including Northern Ireland – for any other deliveries outside of UK mainland please email for packaging and carriage / postal costs.
Packaging and Carriage costs:
• £2.95 for any of the Daily Inspection Quick Guides (recorded delivery).
• £3.75 for single articles in the Books and Accessories section of the Gyro Shop Online (excluding the Flying Suit / Daily Inspection Quick Guide) unless otherwise agreed or stated by Gyro School.
• £10 for any aircraft cover(s) and flying suit(s) in the Aircraft Cover and Books and Accessories section of the Gyro Shop Online, unless otherwise agreed or stated by Gyro School.
• £0 for any purchases for sunny / bronze / silver and golden Flight vouchers in the Prices and Trial Flights sub-section respectively.
• £0 for any Gift certificates from the Gyro Shop Online
• All delivery costs are based on delivery to UK mainland and Northern Ireland only. For deliveries outside UK mainland please email in advance so we can quote you upon having researched to costs of postage and packaging involved.
• Please return faulty goods to us for repair or replacement. Should any of our products fail to meet your requirements, they may be returned within 28 days for a full refund providing you warrant to remain under the duty to take reasonable care of the goods while in your possession, and adhere to the product’s instructions. Please note: When returning goods to us it is the customers duty to ensure the goods are sent on an insured service. Gyro School is not liable for lost parcels when returned to us. No refund can be given unless we receive your returned goods.
• When purchasing goods such as aircraft covers, it is the duty of the customer to make sure that what you have ordered is compatible with your aircraft, rotor, mast or tail. If you are returning an item for replacement you will be charged postage and packing for the return of the correct item. All products purchased from Gyro Shop Online are guaranteed for a minimum of 6 months.
• If Gyro School has made a mistake, we will collect any products that are wrong and make a full refund including carriage.
• No refund will be given to products which become faulty due to misuse by the customer where the duty of care has been neglected.
Gyro Schools’ privacy principles:
• We know that your privacy is very important to you. We make it our business for it to be as important to us.
• Compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 underlies all of our personal information privacy practices.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of information that our computers send to your internet browser and is stored on your computer.
What Cookies Do We Use?
• Gyro School uses performance cookies to collect information on how visitors use our website, i.e. which pages visitors go to most. We use these Cookies to collect information anonymously on the pages you have visited. However, if you have provided personal data through our site, we may combine this information with information from our web analytic services and cookies to analyze how you use the site in more detail to help Gyro School improve your experience.
• We use Google anonymous analytics cookies. This Software provided by Google generates an ‘anonymous analytics cookie.’ We use these cookies to tell us whether or not you have visited the site before. This allows us to track how many individual users we have, and how often they visit our site.
- __utma, __utmc, __utmz
Anonymous analytics cookies we may also use include:
- s_*, gpv_pn
We require enabling cookies when browsing our website so you have the optimal user experience. Otherwise, you will not be able to view our website in its entirety. However, you may disable cookies in your browser settings if you so choose.